Tuesday, August 17, 2010

How rich do you want to become Buzzwordy?

social media kitImage by daniel.d.slee via Flickr
Day Twenty Eight,

The back of Bif's neck was crimson red and Buzzwordy was able to tell that a couple of veins were abnormally engorged as he walked behind his CEO.

Xavia appeared to be somewhat annoyed by Bif's unprofessional behavior, nevertheless, he kept quiet as the three of them made their way back to Bif's office.

"So tell me Buzzwordy, who is this Professor Sandie anyway and what kind of deal did you make with him?" asked the perplexed Bif.

"Bif, I ran into this guy at the local bookstore in my neighborhood about a week ago.  He was obnoxious and antagonistic in every conceivable way.  Let me just ....!" explained Buzzwordy.

"Enough!  You and your smart brain always get my company into a world of hurts.  Remember, this social media nonsense is not going to fly in my company!  If you want to impress this guy, you're on your own and don't embarrass me or there will be consequences!" screamed Bif.

Buzzwordy took a quick peek at Xavia and did not see any reaction from his boss.  Xavia managed to keep himself out of the discussions by burying himself in reading and responding to emails on his BlackBerry.

"Bif, I understand your concern and will deal with Professor Sandie myself!" acknowledged Buzzwordy.

"Not during the office hours and get out of my office now!" shouted Bif. 

This little saga with Bif had basically ruined the precious lunch plan that Buzzwordy and Xavia had initally planned for.  Feeling morally down and defeated, Buzzwordy couldn't pick himself up and was just about to propose to Xavia to call off their lunch meeting.

"Buzzwordy, I think this social media stuff is really going to blossom because it helps build communities so rapidly.  It can scale infinitely if you plan it right.  Bif is from the old school and he can only be convinced by data.  You know that!" uttered Xavia.

"So Xavia, are you still in the mood for lunch?" asked Buzzwordy.

"Lets do it now since I'm starving!" confirmed Xavia.

After a rather brief lunch outing, the two of them hopped back into Xavia's car and headed back to the office.  Buzzwordy was disappointed since there was no discussion about Xavia's financial achievement during lunch.  His boss set a world record by finishing his ham sandwich and a bowl of red bean soup in less than 3 minutes. 

"Buzzwordy, do you want to be rich or just work as a marketing stiff for Bif for the rest of your eternity?" probed Xavia as he was pulling into the company's parking lot.

"Are you referring to how to maximize your wealth from the stock market?" questioned the inquisitive Buzzwordy.

"Making money is a secret that you keep to yourself.  It is like asking a magician to teach you his grand money-making tricks.  It just won't happen!" cautioned Xavia.

"I'm confused Xavia.  What are you trying to tell me?  Are you saying that I need to develop my wealth optimization plan or will you teach me the dark secrets of financial freedom?" asked Buzzwordy.

"How rich do you want to become Buzzwordy?" grinned Xavia.

Buzzwordy was frantically seeking for a number in his mind but couldn't seem to settle on the right one.

I will be back on Day Twenty Nine.

Buzzwordy


        
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment