Wednesday, August 18, 2010

90-10 rule

Boss' LifeImage via Wikipedia
Day Twenty Nine,

"Honestly speaking Xavia, I don't have the foggiest idea about how much is enough for me since I am not a big spender by any means." chuckled Buzzwordy.

"An eccentric character like you is going to live forever so I think you will need a couple of million dollars to get through your life.  Am I correct?" inquired Xavia.

All of a sudden, Buzzwordy felt like his boss was trying to get involved with his future well being.  It was sort of nice but marginally intrusive.  For him to further their discussions, he would need to work out his family expenses, figure out all his investments, and project how long he and his family were going to live.  Just a load of work for a busy guy like him.

"Listen Buzzwordy,  you need to know what you want in life so that you can design a plan to make your life work to your advantage.  You're the kind of guy who loves to explore new things and gets bored easily by mundane stuffs.  As your boss, I think I can read you pretty well.  Anyway, I have given you a dollar figure to get you moving in the right direction." suggested Xavia.

"Thanks Xavia.  Once I have a chance to review my financial situation, I will be in touch with you again." nodded Buzzwordy.

"Not a problem.  When you get back to the office, please call a meeting with our marketing communication team.  I want to review the 3D graphics that they did for our latest widget last week." requested Xavia.

Buzzwordy acknowledged and picked up his speed as he headed back to the company building.

Both Xavia and Buzzwordy were staring at the 3D graphics of their latest widget and getting terribly confused.  They understood Bif's idea of saving money in print, but calling the widget graphics a 3D design was ludicrous.

"JJ, you got to help me out here!  How come the widget graphics is not done in 3D?  I've been staring at it for a while and this is a 2D design only!" questioned Buzzwordy.

"Buzzwordy, a widget is a widget so it really doesn't matter if you do it in 3D or 2D.  I think it can still communicate the right message to the audience." giggled JJ the marketing communication manager in her usual dreadlock hair design. 

"JJ, please don't start this again!  How can a 2D design truly represent our widget?  We got to add the Z dimension for a real-life object.  I think this is just plain and simple!" demanded Buzzwordy in a stern voice.

JJ looked puzzled and wasn't sure how to respond to Buzzwordy.  Her giggle continued as she left the meeting room without telling Xavia and Buzzwordy where she was going.

"Xavia, let me tell you straight.  I think Bif is behind this insane  madness!  I can just picture what Petro is going to say." complained Buzzwordy.

"Bif just came up with this 90-10 rule.  He is 90% correct all the times and 10% correct some of the times!" whispered Xavia.

"I heard someone mentioned my name!" shouted Bif as he stormed into the meeting room with JJ.

Will the situation worsen?   Lets reconnect on Day Thirty! 

Buzzwordy

     



Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment