Monday, August 23, 2010

Let's play a social media game!

Image representing StumbleUpon as depicted in ...Image via CrunchBase
Day Thirty One,

Finding Professor Sandie's class room wasn't exactly easy for Buzzwordy, nonetheless, he managed to track it down after dashing through tiny corridors, stopping to ask students and staffs on the business department floor, and deciphering the room numbers on the wall.

"Great, Mr. Marketing Stiff.  Am I glad to see you!" greeted the sarcastic Professor Sandie.

"Likewise Professor.  By the way, your room is hard to find.  I will suggest .....!" responded Buzzwordy before the professor cut him off.

"Class, I promise all of you that I will bring in a guest today to share his social media insights with everyone.  Here he is, Mr. Buzzwordy!" introduced Professor Sandie.

There was a long and dead silence in the room.  Buzzwordy felt that everyone was staring intensively at him.  The type of stare that wasn't common among a bunch of college marketing students.  He took a deep breath, gave Professor Sandie a nonchalant look, and readied himself to engage with the audience.

"Hi everyone!  Before I start, let me introduce myself.  My name is Buzzwordy and I do technology product marketing for a living.  A lot of people call me the marketing stiff with a flair since I do get problems resolved.  I met Professor Sandie by accident and he ended up inviting me to come in today to talk about the social media trend." said Buzzwordy with a smile.

"So you are the freak whom Professor Sandie talked about!" laughed a pimply looking woman in the audience.

"Is this how I was described?" queried the puzzled Buzzwordy.

"Class, please let our guest speak!  He is supposed to be loaded with great social media knowledge and today is the day for us to pick his brain." interrupted Professor Sandie.

Buzzwordy tilted his head back and saw the professor smirking while rubbing his left thumb over the cover of the social media book repeatedly.  That was the book that almost started the fight between the professor and him.

"OK, guys!  I'm sure that most of you have already known some of the popular social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter, Stumbleupon, Digg, ... etc.  Instead of talking about these sites, I would like to focus on the societal impact of social media.  Is this OK with everyone?" probed Buzzwordy.

The class continued to stare at him without any feedback and Buzzwordy knew that he had to improvise his gig in order to shut the professor up.

"Hey you over there!" grinned Buzzwordy while pointing at the same pimply looking woman in the audience.

"What me?" asked the terrified woman.

"Yes you!  If you don't mind, lets play a social media game.  I hope that Professor Sandie doesn't mind!" shrugged Buzzwordy.

"Go ahead!" approved the professor.

The social media game will begin on Day Thirty Two.

Buzzwordy       
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment