Friday, August 27, 2010

Can you monetize from social media?

Social Media LandscapeImage by fredcavazza via Flickr
Day Thirty Three,

Buzzwordy scratched his neck a bit, puffed out some hot air, and prepared himself to respond to Professor Sandie.

"So Professor Sandie, I sense that you have doubts about my knowledge in the social media realm.  Why is that?" asked the concerned Buzzwordy.

"The truth is plain simple.  Both you and I happened to pick up the same social media book from the bookstore.  It was only two weeks ago.  Given such a short time, how on earth could you become an expert in this field?" replied the professor sarcastically.

"Great question professor!  If this is the case, why did you invite me in the first place?" responded Buzzwordy.

"Look you marketing stiff, I did not invite you to my class!  We had a deal and you should remember that!" shouted Professor Sandie.

The class looked somewhat confused about what was happening between the professor and Buzzwordy.  Diva was particularly lost and wasn't quite sure what her role should be.  She continued to pad her head gently while spinning her body in a slow circular motion. 

"Professor Sandie!  I suggest that we don't go down your suggested path because both of us know who was at fault in the bookstore.  Let me finish my social media game with Diva and I promise you that I will be out of your sight promptly!" proposed Buzzwordy.

"This is a wishful thinking and your time is up!" screamed the professor.

"Diva, can you monetize from social media?" inquired Buzzwordy.

"If there is a proven way to make money from social media, I will hear about it for sure.  So my answer is probably not!" blurted Diva.

At this time, Professor Sandie had already lunged himself forward and signaled Diva to return to her seat.  He then stopped right in front of Buzzwordy and stared at him sternly.

"Didn't I tell you to stop?  Since you have failed me, I will get your book back!" warned the professor.

Buzzwordy bursted out laughing hysterically as he made a short bow to the class and began walking towards the door.

"Well?" demanded Professor Sandie.

"Have a wonderful life professor!" waved Buzzwordy as he slammed the door behind him.


The trip back to the campus parking lot was a delightful one for Buzzwordy.  He found himself sprinting joyously as he made his way back to the car.  He was thrilled about his retaliatory move on the professor and knew that his action would never be forgiven.

"Xavia, what is going on?" answered Buzzwordy when his mobile phone rang.

"Bif is going to announce the new organization and you better come back ASAP (as soon as possible)!" requested Xavia.

"Roger!" acknowledged Buzzwordy as he drove away from the college campus hurriedly.

I'll return on Day Thirty Four.

Buzzwordy





Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment