Monday, July 26, 2010

Meet Frank the Stick!

Day Fifteen,

The down town of Kuala Lumpur was crowded with people.  Buzzwordy felt a sign of relief as he strolled along the main street - he could finally put the two unhappy events behind him and go for some great fun before leaving for the States in the morning.  The sweltering heat in the mid afternoon did not seem to bother him that much and all he wanted was to check out the famous multi-level shopping center which he heard from the hotel receptionist during check-in.

"Come, please come here!  You there sir?  Yes, I mean you." waved a scraggy old man as he pointed to Buzzwordy from across the street.

Buzzwordy was caught off-guard and wasn't sure if the old man really wanted to speak to him.  He decided not to make the first move and continued to walk towards the shopping center.

"Why did you ignore me?  Are you here for a good time and by yourself sir?  I'm Frank and everyone in this town calls me Frank the Stick!" greeted the scraggy old man after he crossed the street and caught up with Buzzwordy from behind.

"Well Frank the Stick,  I'm not too sure if you have anything that I want.  In fact, what I'm about to do doesn't need your service at all.  Please go and bug somebody else instead!" sneered Buzzwordy.

"I have pictures to show you.  Very nice pictures.  You are walking way too fast for an old man like me.  Could you please slow down?" begged Frank the Stick.

"Not a chance!  Have a nice life and goodbye!" yelled Buzzwordy as he entered into the bustling shopping center.

Buzzwordy was amazed to see so many clothing and video stores inside this 8-story building.  Every floor seemed to be pretty identical and there were so many people on every floor.  After exploring every conceivable area and feeling completely exhausted, he decided that it was time to head back to the hotel.

As he stepped back into the main street, he bumped right into Frank the Stick.

"Hey, have you been following me?  shouted Buzzwordy.

"I have very nice pictures to show you.  These are my family pictures and I don't show to everyone normally.  They are precious.  Please follow me to a quieter street since it is very noisy here!" pleaded Frank the Stick.

Buzzwordy could sense that something was just plain wrong and his best option was to end the dialogue with Frank the Stick immediately.  He didn't even bother to reply to the scraggy old man and instead, he picked up his speed while darting through the streets of Kuala Lumpur.

By the time he arrived at the hotel lobby, he found out that Frank the Stick was nowhere to be found.  He took a deep breath and plunged himself right into a sofa.

"Hi Buzzwordy, it is good to see you again.  Looks like you have been shopping today.  Any luck in finding what you want?  I sincerely wish that you had a great time in Malaysia!" said Timar.

"Umm,  I'm going home tomorrow and please wish me the best of luck!" replied the tiresome Buzzwordy.

"How am I going to write my trip report to Xavia?" puzzled Buzzwordy.


May Day Sixteen be a better day for Buzzwordy!


Buzzwordy


Book references:

Oxford Picture Dictionary (Monolingual English)

Pictures of Hollis Woods

Building an Affordable House
 

No comments:

Post a Comment