Thursday, July 22, 2010

It is going to be a long ride!

Day Eleven,

Buzzwordy walked out to the taxi stand outside of the airport in Kuala Lumpur.  The scene was nothing like the normal taxi stand back in the States - there were people everywhere and he was having heck of a time finding the end of the taxi line.  The monsoon climate (doused with the intolerable heat) was enough to cause him to faint.

"Excuse me Mister, are you waiting for a cab like everyone here?  Where is the end of the line?" asked Buzzwordy.

A skinny man with a large mole on his face did not bother to respond to Buzzwordy's question.  His hawk-like eyes were busy scouting for any available cab.  Judging by the chaos at the taxi stand, Buzzwordy soon realized that there was never a line anywhere near the curb.  People were fighting to hop into any available taxi, and Buzzwordy had to learn to quickly adapt himself to this new found custom.

"I'm so happy to see you finally!" said the exhausted Buzzwordy as he climbed inside a cab.

"Thank you sir and welcome to Kuala Lumpur.  Please call me Upur.  Is this your first time?  Do you want A/C or no A/C?" greeted the cab driver.

"Hello Upur!  Nice to meet you and yes, this is my first time to Malaysia.  Is there a difference in price?" queried Buzzwordy.

"No sir.  So you don't want A/C I suppose.  Please roll down the window." smiled Upur.

"In this case, I'll take the A/C instead!  As you can see, I'm sweating bullets now!" replied Buzzwordy.

The cab driver pressed the A/C button on the dashboard and there he went.  It was supposed to be an hour ride from the airport to the hotel and Buzzwordy intended to just sit back and enjoy the ride.  15 minutes later, the inside of the cab was still like an oven, and he knew that something was not right.

"Excuse me Upur, I could not feel any cold air in the back of your cab.  Is your A/C working OK?" asked Buzzwordy.

"Sorry sir.  It is better to use no A/C and I suggest for you to roll down the window." apologized Upur.

"I don't get it Upur.  Are you telling me that your A/C has never worked in the first place, if so, why did you ask me if I want A/C or no A/C?" questioned the puzzled Buzzwordy.

"Thank you sir.  There is no extra cost for A/C.  I think I mentioned this point to you when you got into my cab." responded Upur.

The hot wind was blowing against Buzzwordy's face once he rolled the window down and he found himself struggling with the right words to respond to Upur.  Nothing seemed to make sense to him so far.  It was very much like the big A in wonderland for Buzzwordy. 

"I guess that's fine Upur.  I got your point.  I think it is going to be a long ride to the hotel!" quipped Buzzwordy.

"Not really sir!  We are almost there." replied Upur.

The sweltering heat had turned all the passing images into mirages and Buzzwordy couldn't wait to jump into the pool once he checked into the hotel.

Lets see how Buzzwordy fares on Day Twelve.


Buzzwordy


Video references

Alice in Wonderland

Doctor Who: Image of the Fendahl (Story 94)

Green Day: Bullet in a Bible [Blu-ray]

Swimming Pool (Unrated Version)

The Dead Pool (Deluxe Edition)


MP3 references

Monsoon


Book references

Monsoon: The Indian Ocean and the Future of American Power

The 1939-1940 New York World's Fair (Images of America)

Los Angeles California (Images of America)

The Grand Canyon: Native People and Early Visitors (Images of America: Arizona)

Santa Cruz, California (CA) (Images of America)


Product references

Haier 9,000-BTU Portable Heat and Cool Air Conditioner

Haier 17,000 BTU ENERGY STAR Air Conditioner

Portable Air Conditioner 9,000 BTU Digital w/ remote. (Cooling Only)

No comments:

Post a Comment